Carolyn's Sound of Music Commentary

 So I am obsessed with The Sound of Music.  I had the movie memorized by the time I was 5 years old, sang the songs for elementary school talent shows, and still watch it every Christmas Eve. Over the years, I have watched a ton of interviews with the actors, read articles about the movie and their real life inspirations, and made up my own fan theories about what happened to the characters which I will now share with you!  I recorded a director's commentary for the Sound of Music where I unleashed all of my Sound of Music trivia in an attempt to explain to the world why this movie is so awesome. If you want to hear my sometimes interesting, sometimes insightful, and sometimes rambly commentary, click on the links to the podcast below!  

To make the most of your commentary experience, grab a copy of The Sound of Music on DVD (from the library if you don't have one) or find it on Disney+.  Start the podcast then start the movie when I tell you to.  If you haven't seen The Sound of Music before, you must immediately correct this egregious oversight and watch it all the way through without interruption or distraction.  Then watch it again with the commentary.  If you have the movie practically memorized like I do or if you've seen it recently, go ahead and click on Act 1 to get started.

Act 1

Act 2




Comments