The Phantom Files

Dear Sir Patrick Delaney-Podmore, 


I once again request that you reconsider my application to join the Headless Hunt. While I did review and consider your listed reasons for denial, I still believe that these reasons are not sufficient enough to deny my acceptance. 

As a partially decapitated ghost, I am a unique addition to your fine collection of headless ghosts from across the ages. In five hundred years, very few ghosts have the rare experience of enjoying the afterlife with only a half an inch of skin and sinew remaining—no more, no less. 

You also raised the concern of my condition impeding my participation in certain activities that require fully decapitated heads, but I urge you to consider the arrangements and substitutes that could be made, thereby expanding and increasing your numbers and by extension, the definition of Headless in the post-mortem world. 

All things considered, I would greatly appreciate that you further look into my application and see that nothing else can be done.



Fondly,

Nicholas de Mimsy-Porpington 





Comments