The Journal of Emily - Where are Harry and Ron?

The Journal of Emily

A Second Year Ravenclaw


This year is already off to quite the interesting start! I was wondering if I would be able to find anyone to sit with on the train since Harry, Ron and Hermione got really close last year. It was kind of sad seeing Hermione choose those rambunctious boys, especially since neither of them share our interest in knowledge; I get it though, they seem nice even though trouble seems to follow them. I assumed that I would be pushed aside this year, which would have been fine, I would have found friends eventually; however, I got to sit with Hermione and discuss everything that we had read over the summer break and any other nonsense that happened in our lives. We had both read nearly all of Gilderoy Lockhart’s books. Hermione even got her books signed in Diagon Alley! Aside from Gilderoy Lockhart, she seemed pretty occupied with the whereabouts of Harry and Ron, which did seem suspicious. She had also mentioned that Harry didn’t write to her all summer! She went on about that for quite some time. I couldn’t even imagine ignoring one of my best friends for that long, plus I always thought Harry would be a really nice person. At least he seemed like the type that wouldn’t betray or ignore his friends when I met him last year. Anyway, the train ride wasn’t too eventful except for the two missing wizards of course. Even Ron’s twin brothers came to see if their brother was with Hermione and me. Of course we had no idea where the two were.

Later I heard that Harry and Ron arrived to the school in an enchanted car. In my opinion that’s really cool and I would have loved to have been there, but I also heard that they almost got expelled. I think they got enough punishment though, Ron’s mom sent him a pretty nasty howler, which will scare anyone into doing nothing ever again; even I was a bit frightened by it. That Mrs. Weasley sure is scary when she wants to be. Professor McGonagall is scary too, I bet that she gave them pretty nasty punishments. I can’t even imagine getting beat up by the whomping willow, I’ve read stories about that tree, and I heard that it often does more damage to its attackers than they do to the tree; the only thing that might be worse is Professor McGonagall’s punishment. 

There are also a lot of new Ravenclaw students this year, which is really nice. I feel like I can help some of them get through their first year at Hogwarts, hopefully without any dangerous situations like what happened last year. I ended up talking to one of the first years, Luna Lovegood; she’s a little odd, but then again so am I.


-Emily




Comments