The Journal of Emily - Hogwarts is Saved!

The Journal of Emily

A Second Year Ravenclaw


I managed to find the book that Hermione tore the page out of, it was a book about creatures, namely large and dangerous creatures for the most part. I couldn’t identify the page that was missing, but I hoped that perhaps no one had taken the page from Hermione, and maybe I could find it; however, when I went to visit Hermione, there was nothing in her hands. I ended up staying with her for about an hour. I mostly just sat and stared, feeling like I could have somehow prevented this from happening and how everything could have gone back to normal by now. 

While I was out and about, even when I wasn’t supposed to be, I figured that I might as well check on moaning Myrtle. I came to know her last year, when I would often go into her bathroom to be alone, or to have someone to talk to. When she isn’t crying about every little inconvenience, she can be quite the good listener and friend. When I walked into the bathroom, I could tell that Myrtle was a little shaken up. She had explained that “Harry, his red-headed friend and some beautifully stupid blond haired man” had opened this entrance to something and they had all gone in. I had assumed that Professor Lockhart was the man Myrtle was describing, he was, after all, the defense against the dark arts teacher. That’s when everything clicked, they had found the entrance to the chamber of secrets. They might have not known what was even down there as well, then again, the only person that had the best guess was currently lying, like a statue, in the hospital wing. I figured I should ask Madame Pompfrey if Hermione had any visitors prior to me, she explained that about an hour before I visited, Harry and Ron visited, I had only hoped that they had found the page that Hermione had in her hand.

It was later that I found out what had happened, or bits and pieces at least. All that I know is that Harry and Ron did indeed find the Chamber of Secrets and that they defeated the beast that lay within. They could have died, but they didn’t. I decided at that moment that I would try my best to help them stay safe the best I can, even when they don’t want or need my help. 

Anyway, I was super excited to see Hermione walk back into the Great Hall, meaning that the mandrake roots worked and everyone affected was healed. Even Mrs. Norris was back stalking the halls at night. Hermione assured me that her getting petrified wasn’t my fault and that I did the right thing by going to get help.

It was a breath of fresh air to get back on the Hogwarts Express to go home for the summer. I got to thinking on the train ride, weird things started happening at Hogwarts and it was no doubt because of Harry Potter, but he didn’t ask for this, he just wanted to become a wizard; however, weird things are bound to continue happening for the next five years. I, and everyone around, has to prepare for the next few years because Hogwarts is in for a wild ride… 


-Emily




Comments