The Journal of Emily - A Deed for the School

The Journal of Emily

A Second Year Ravenclaw



Hermione told me that Harry, Ron and her are trying to get to the bottom of how and why all of the attacks are happening. I, of course, offered whatever help I can give them and despite my doubts that they would take up that offer, Hermione reached out to me. She said something about going to the library to look for a specific book, I didn’t know why she needed my help exactly, but when she told me it sounded urgent. Hermione also advised me to bring a mirror, if I had one. It later made sense when we made the trip to the library. She was holding it around every corner and sneaking around, I did the same. When we arrived at the book, I noticed it was a book about beasts, that’s when I realized she had cracked something in the case; the killing beast. I don’t know why I hadn’t thought of it before, but she had figured out what the creature in the Chamber of Secrets was. As she flipped through the book, I kept look-out from a distance, I heard a tear; I had assumed she found what she was looking for. It was when she didn’t come back that I knew something was wrong. I peeked around the corner with my mirror and there Hermione laid, like a statue. I ran out of the library to find someone and ran into Professor McGonagall, I explained what happened and ran back to the Ravenclaw dormitory in hopes of not getting in trouble. I don’t know what Harry and Ron will do without Hermione, but I knew that I couldn’t get more involved for my own safety. 

With this happening, I don’t know what the fate of Hogwarts holds, all I know is that the Chamber of Secrets must be found and the monster destroyed or else Hogwarts will cease to exist.

A lot of people are worried these days and it’s really obvious in their facial expressions, but I notice one person seems to be a bit more affected by all of this, Ginny Weasley. I haven’t spoken to her, but anyone can see on her face that something more is on her mind than just Hogwarts closing down. I have to assume that she knows the trouble that Ron often gets himself into and she’s really worried. I’m pretty worried myself, even though I’m not particularly close with Harry or Ron, they’re Hermione’s best friends and I can’t help but hope that whatever got Hermione doesn’t get them too.

In light of the attack on Hermione and the other muggle-born students, I have decided to take some of these matters into my own hands and find out what Hermione had figured out. I have to go to the library and find the book that she took the page out of, maybe I can help or warn Harry and Ron as to what they’re getting themselves into (assuming that they are going to look for Hermione’s attacker). I just hope that I can figure this out before anymore drastic measures are taken, especially before Hogwarts closes.


-Emily




Comments