My Life as a Background Gryffindor - Friends Again?

Date: A Week Later


“Liz I’m sorry. Can we still be friends?” Eric asked.

“Eric I’m glad you realized I didn’t do it, but it’ll take time. You accused me of hurting people. I can’t go back to forgiving you and being best friends,” I admitted.

“So you’re to good to accept apologies,” Eric muttered.

“No Eric,” I said. “I just need time. If you truly want to be friends then that is what you’ll give me.”

“Gryffindors! Gryffindors!” a voice exclaimed.

I turned to see Percy Weasley calling out to everyone. 

“Harry Potter found the Chamber of Secrets!” Percy announced.

I gasped right along side with everyone else. Then everyone started asking questions.

“How did he do it?”

“Was he Slytherin’s heir?”

“If not who was?”

“Does this mean we’re safe?”

“What now?”

“Calm down” Percy said. “I’m sure Harry will explain when he gets better.”

More eruption happened.

“Tell us the story Percy.”

“Eric must’ve been lying!”

“Liz wasn’t the heir.”

“How do you know?”

“Let Percy explain!”

“Calm down!” I said.

Everyone quieted and looked at me.

“I’m just as curious as you, but Percy might not know the whole story. We’ll have to be patient,” I said.

The room erupted into talking again.

“She’s right. We’ll have to wait.”

“I wonder what happened.”

“You and everyone else.”

“I think it was Harry Potter’s fault!”

“Was a Slytherin the heir?”

“No! It must’ve been Liz!”

“She’s just hoping we don’t find out!”

“That isn’t true!”

“You’ll see!”

As the muttering continued I couldn’t help glancing at Eric. He looked embarrassed. He saw me looking at him and looked away.

“Eric,” I said. “It’ll be ok. By next year they’ll forget what happened and be focusing on whatever Harry Potter did.”

“Yeah. I just hope you’ll forgive me,” he muttered.

I smiled. “I already did.”




Comments