My Life as a Background Gryffindor - First Day of School

Date: First Day


I told myself that this year wouldn’t be crazy but Harry Potter had already wrecked that possibility. He crashed a car into the Whomping Willow and school hadn’t even started yet!

“Liz are you listening?” Eric asked.

“Of course,” I replied.

“You seem distracted,” Eric noticed.

“How can I not be? Harry Potter crashed a car in the  Whomping Willow! Muggles saw him! We’re going to lose house points and the school year hasn’t even started!” I told him.

“Relax Liz,” Eric said, “From what I heard Harry only got detention. We lost no house points.”

“Why do you care about house points so much?” a voice asked.

I turned to find, my friend, Emma standing there. She was carrying a book with a happy expression on her face.

“We have to win the house cup! Slytherin cannot win again!” I exclaimed.

“Relax. At the end of the year HP will battle some wizard of monster. We won’t even have to do anything,” Emma said.

I looked at Emma. “You realize that for Harry to save the day we will actually need saving.”

Emma nodded cheerfully. “Yup!”




Comments