My Life as a Background Gryffindor - After Christmas Break

Date: After Christmas Break


“I’m nervous,” Emma said.

“It’s ok,” I said.

“Easy for you to say! You aren’t a muggle born! You aren’t worried you’ll be petrified!” Emma exclaimed.

“Emma calm down,” I  said.

“Hmph!” Emma stormed off.

With all the muggle borns getting petrified, Emma was nervous. She’s brave in front of other people but she unwinds in front of me.

I was nervous too, but as a Gryffindor I have to be brave. If I freak out so will everyone else. Then, I realized the halls had parted. Suddenly, I understood why.

Harry Potter was coming down the hallway.

Everyone thinks he opened the Chamber of Secrets because he can speak Parseltongue. Personally, I don’t believe that. If last year proved anything it’s that Harry is a good person. And that Quirrell was not a good teacher.

“Liz,” a voice said.

I turned around to see Eric standing there. He was looking at Harry Potter. “Do you think he opened the Chamber of Secrets?” Eric asked.

“No! He’s Harry Potter! I bet you he’ll be the one to stop all this!” I exclaimed.

“Why do you say that?” Eric asked, sounding generally puzzled.

“Have you forgotten last year?” I asked.

Eric looked at me funny before walking away. Was I really the only who thinks this?




Comments