Outdoor Relaxation with Your Cat



Being at home and having schoolwork and work to do can be especially stressful right now.  A great way to relieve some of that stress is to spend some time outdoors.  There are so many different ways to practice outdoor relaxation, yoga, meditation, bike rides, or walks.  One of my favorite ways is to sit out in a hammock on a nice day and read a book, do some school work, or take a nap.

Another way I love to relax outside in my hammock is laying with my cat.  My cat loves to be outside and he loves to explore.  I take him out using a harness and leash and will walk around with him on my deck and sometimes into the grass.  He loves it, and honestly, I do too.  It's so much fun to watch him and it is relaxing to just walk outside and not worry about anything.  Many times, while I lay outside, I can pick him up and take him to lay in the hammock with me and he will stay and lay down with me.  It's so cute to watch him look around and follow birds flying.  Some cats might not like being outside, but if your cat does, I highly recommend trying this.  Walking around with them or even just laying with them is fun and relaxing for both of you.

If your cat really loves it, you could also consider getting them a "catio" which is like a small screened tent or tunnel that you can take outside and keep your cat in.  Your cat can walk around the tent and explore without you worrying about them getting away and you can both stay outside.  This is also a good option for cats that like being outside but don't like having a leash.  No matter what, even if you don't have a cat or they don't like being outside, just laying outside and taking in fresh air and nature is always relaxing and can bring some calmness to your day.
Lauren                    

Comments